Main Article Content
In our everyday life we use a wide range of technologies for communication and information purpose, ranging from established audiovisual devices, such as the television, followed by the personal computer (PC) and later tablets, mobiles and other types of electronic aides .Indeed parents increasingly expose young children to mobiles to keep them entertain and quite, so that they would not disturb the parent's daily routines. The use of such technologies leads to objective behavioral and clinical changes in both children and adults. Excessive use of these technologies leads to addictive behaviors followed by pathological changes in eye function, with clinical repercussion. This article presents a detailed review of all the symptoms of information and communication technologies' misuse by children and adults.
The Medical Research Archives grants authors the right to publish and reproduce the unrevised contribution in whole or in part at any time and in any form for any scholarly non-commercial purpose with the condition that all publications of the contribution include a full citation to the journal as published by the Medical Research Archives.
2. Fong-Ching Chang ,Chiung-Hui Chiu,Ping-Hung Chen,Nae-Fang Miao, Jeng Hung-Yi Chuang.Computer/Mobile Device Screen Time of Child and Their Eye Care Behavior:The Roles of Risk Perception and Parenting Cyberpsychol Soc Netw. 2018 Mar;21(3):179-186
3. Tamara SK ,Ezeugwu V, Chikuma J, Lefebre DL, Azad MB ,Moraes TJ, Subbarao P, Becker AB, Turvey SE, Sears MR, Dicxk BD, Carson V, Rasmussen C, Pel J, Mandhane PJ. Screen –time is associated with inattention problems in preschoolers: Results from the CHILD birth cohort study. PLOS ONE ,April 17,2019 1-15
4. Raquel Munoz-Miralles,Raquel Ortega-Gonzales, M.Rosa Lopez-Moron, Carme Batalla-Martinez, Josep Maria Manresa, Nuria Montella-Jordana,Andres Chamaro, Xavier Carbonell and Pere Toran-Monserrat The problematic use of Information and Communication Technologies (ITC) in adolescents by cross sectional JOITIC study. BMC Pediatrics (2016) 16:140
5. Francesca Larese Filon, Anna Drusian, Federico Ronchese and Corrado Negro. Video Display Operator Complaints:A 10-Year Follow-Up of Visual Fatigue and Refractive Disorders. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2019, 16 2501
6. Sezen Akkaya, Tugba Atakan, Banu Acikalin, Sibel Aksoy, Yelda Ozkurt Effects of long-term computer use on eye dry symptom. North Clin Istanb 2018 8;5(4):319-322
7. Pinnita Prabhasawat, Warinyupa Pinitpuwadol, Dawisa Angripsaret, Manutsawin Saiman. Tear film change and ocular symptoms after reading printed book and electronic book: a crossover study. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2019 Mar;63(2):137-144