Main Article Content
This is a case study related to renal sarcoma. Male patient of 66 years was studied who presented complaining of left flank pain. The images showed suspicious cystic mass, he underwent Robotic radical nephrectomy. The histopathology came as renal sarcoma. The concept of renal sarcoma has been presented in details, literature has been reviewed related to diagnosis, prognosis and case studies related to the subject done by different researchers in the field. The case has been presented in detail and discussed thereafter.
The Medical Research Archives grants authors the right to publish and reproduce the unrevised contribution in whole or in part at any time and in any form for any scholarly non-commercial purpose with the condition that all publications of the contribution include a full citation to the journal as published by the Medical Research Archives.
2. Argani, P., Reuter, V. E., Kapur, P., Brown, J. E., Sung, Y. S., Zhang, L., ... & Antonescu, C. R. (2018). Novel MEIS1-NCOA2 gene fusions define a distinct primitive spindle cell sarcoma of the kidney. The American journal of surgical pathology, 42(11), 1562.
3. Argani, P., Zhang, L., Sung, Y. S., Bacchi, C., Swanson, D., Dickson, B. C., & Antonescu, C. R. (2020).
4. Bauer, F., Schmidt, T., Eisfeld, H., Dubois, C., Kastrati, K., Hochhaus, A., & Huebner, J. (2018). Information needs and usage of complementary and alternative medicine in members of a German self-help group for gastrointestinal stroma tumours, sarcoma, and renal cancer. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 41, 105-110.
5. Blanc, T., Pio, L., Clermidi, P., Muller, C., Orbach, D., Minard‐Colin, V., ... & Sarnacki, S. (2019). Robotic‐assisted laparoscopic management of renal tumors in children: Preliminary results. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 66, e27867.
6. Brillantino, C., Rossi, E., Minelli, R., Irace, D., Castelli, L., Zeccolini, R., ... & TUFANO, A. (2019). A rare case of renal tumor in children: clear cell sarcoma. Il Giornale di Chirurgia-Journal of the Italian Surgical Association, 40(3), 217-224.
7. Novel SS18‐NEDD4 gene fusion in a primary renal synovial sarcoma. Genes, Chromosomes and Cancer, 59(3), 203-208.
8. Bakhshi, G. D., Khan, A. S., Shaikh, A. S., Khan, M. A. A., Khan, M. A. A., & Jamadar, N. M. (2012). Primary renal synovial sarcoma. Clinics and Practice, 2(2), e44.
9. El Chediak, A., Mukherji, D., Temraz, S., Nassif, S., Sinno, S., Mahfouz, R., & Shamseddine, A. (2018). Primary synovial sarcoma of the kidney: a case report of complete pathological response at a Lebanese tertiary care center. BMC urology, 18(1), 1-9.
10. Iacovelli, R., Altavilla, A., Ciardi, A., Urbano, F., Manai, C., Gentile, V., & Cortesi, E. (2012). Clinical and pathological features of primary renal synovial sarcoma: analysis of 64 cases from 11 years of medical literature. BJU international, 110(10), 1449-1454.
11. Iorga, L., Anghel, R., Marcu, D., Spinu, D., Pantea Stoian, A., Diaconu, C., ... & Bratu, O. G. (2018). Renal sarcoma–a rare parenchymal tumor with a very poor prognosis. Arch Balk Med Union, 53(3), 434-438.
12. Manikandan, R., Mehra, K., Dorairajan, L. N., Ganesh, R. N., Sreenivasan, S. K., & Kumar, R. (2019). Case Report: Partial nephrectomy in primary renal sarcoma presenting as Wunderlich syndrome; a rare tumour with rare presentation managed atypically. F1000Research, 8.
13. Michael, A. E., Grimes, J. A., Volstad, N. J., Osekavage, K. E., & Koenig, A. (2019). Inappropriate Secondary Erythrocytosis in a Dog With Renal Sarcoma. Topics in companion animal medicine, 36, 9-11.
14. Moreira, D. M., Gershman, B., Thompson, R. H., Okuno, S. H., Robinson, S. I., Leibovich, B. C., & Boorjian, S. A. (2015, December). Clinicopathologic characteristics and survival for adult renal sarcoma: A population-based study. In Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations (Vol. 33, No. 12, pp. 505-e15). Elsevier.
15. Nazemi, A., & Daneshmand, S. (2020, May). Adult genitourinary sarcoma: a population-based analysis of clinical characteristics and survival. In Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations (Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 334-343). Elsevier.
16. Shirkhoda, A., & Lewis, E. (1987). Renal sarcoma and sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma: CT and angiographic features. Radiology, 162(2), 353-357.
17. Stahl, C. C., Schwartz, P. B., Ethun, C. G., Marka, N., Krasnick, B. A., Tran, T. B., ... & Abbott, D. E. (2021). Renal function after retroperitoneal sarcoma resection with nephrectomy: a matched analysis of the United States sarcoma collaborative database. Annals of Surgical Oncology, 28(3), 1690-1696.
18. Verheijen, R. B., Swart, L. E., Beijnen, J. H., Schellens, J. H., Huitema, A. D., & Steeghs, N. (2017). Exposure-survival analyses of pazopanib in renal cell carcinoma and soft tissue sarcoma patients: opportunities for dose optimization. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 80(6), 1171-1178.
19. Wang, X., Xu, R., Yan, L., Zhuang, J., Wei, B., Kang, D., ... & Lu, Y. (2011). Adult renal sarcoma: clinical features and survival in a series of patients treated at a high-volume institution. Urology, 77(4), 836-841.
20. Yang, J. H., Song, D. H., Lee, C., Kang, D. H., Jung, J. J., Kim, S. H., ... & Moon, S. H. (2020). Malignant pulmonary embolism associated with renal sarcoma: A case report. Medicine, 99(19).
21. Zhu, Y., Mao, W., Zhang, G., Sun, S., Tao, S., Jiang, T., ... & Chen, M. (2022). Development and validation of a prognostic nomogram for adult patients with renal sarcoma: A retrospective study based on the SEER database.