Main Article Content
Half of 20 + 4 (double-coded) amino acids in the genetic code structure showed1 an astonishing regularity in a 2D-table, including the 11-factor. The regularities have been dismissed by professionals, saying that no known physical-chemical laws can explain them.
Here a search for possible explanations or aspects is carried through by investigating the numeral series, as dimensions, of x = integers 5 → 0 with different exponents, treated in earlier papers: x3, 2x2 behind the Periodic system, x2/3 ×102 (the “ES”-series) and further the basic series with its superposed series (as coding for underlying steps) with features like quantum mechanics. The regularities are reproduced in first section.
It’s shown how the paired amino acid side chains that give the 11-factor in the 2D-table are derivable in different ways through counter-directed reading of numbers in the different series (2-digit numbers that always give sums with factor 11). Introduced is the concept of step-numbers, related to numeral series, implying a vector character, with this also anti-vectors, a physical and biological reality, expressed e.g. as intervals. A main interval in the ES-series as a whole is the number 77, specially studied, the most obvious organizing principle in the 2D-table.
The fact that also sums of mirrored 2-letter codons code for amino acid groups with the 11-factor points to a deeper level of double-direction acting on both levels, here suggested as inherited from the higher dimension 4D.
Regarding the coding base pairs G-C and A-U as two coordinate axes, the regularities show up in amino acids with 2-letter codons that join these axes, called Mx-coded ones, the other half of the genetic code not. It seems connected with the two axes of the 2D-table and strengthens the hypothetical dimensional processes from higher to lower D-degree.
Finally, factor 9 as difference of numbers read bidirectionally are circa the inversion of 11, inversion existing in physical laws. An eventual relation to centriole structure with factor 9 (×2 or ×3) of microtubules are shortly studied.
This paper should be taken as material, inviting other researchers in applied physics and biochemistry to go on with the questions.
The Medical Research Archives grants authors the right to publish and reproduce the unrevised contribution in whole or in part at any time and in any form for any scholarly non-commercial purpose with the condition that all publications of the contribution include a full citation to the journal as published by the Medical Research Archives.
2. Shcherbak VI. Arithmetic inside the universal genetic code. Biosystems. 2003; 70(3): 187- 209 doi.org/10.1016/S0303-2647(03)00066-2
3. Rakočević MM A harmonic structure of the genetic code. J Theor. Biol.2004 Jul 21;229(2): 221-234. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtbi.2004.03.017
4. Dragovich B. Genetic code and number theory. arXiv preprint arXiv:0911.4014, 2009.arxiv.org
5. Négadi T. The multiplet structure of the genetic code, from one and small number. [arxiv.org/pdf. 2011;1101.2983]
6. Wohlin Å. C-skeleton in the genetic code from a basic series 5 → 0, guiding valences and other numeral features in the code. Med Res Arch.2021, vol 9, issue 12:2-19. https://doi.org/10.18103/mra.v9i12.2620.
7. Rakočević MM. The cipher of the genetic code. .BioSystems, 2018. Sep; 171:31-47.
8. Rakočević MM.. Analogies of genetic and chemical code. Polyhedron. 2018; volume 153, 1 October 2018, pages 292-298.
9. Karlson P. Biokemi (Biochemistry). LiberLäromedel Lund. 1976
10. Wohlin Å. Numerical analysis of 3/2-relations in the genetic code and correlations with basic series of integers 5–0. Biomed Genet Genomics.2016, Volume 1(4):1-15. DOI:10.15761/BGG.1000118
11. Gell-Mann M, Néeman Y. The Eightfold Way. W. A. Benjamin, Inc. New York, Amsterdam. 1964; (e.g. pp 15, 29, 85)