Main Article Content
In the era of digital dentistry, positioning of implants can by designed with the help of CBCT and CAD CAM. Surgical guide can be made to direct the implant placement in bone. Although various researchers showed the importance of 3D planning but because of chances of errors at various levels of digital protocols may lead to deviations. Even no data is available to confirm the accuracy of GBR with digital workflow. This retrospective analysis of simple suture placement technique in anterior edentulous region will make clinicians to understand the positioning of drills, anatomical variations, directions and placements of implants, need of bone grafting and implant emergence.
The Medical Research Archives grants authors the right to publish and reproduce the unrevised contribution in whole or in part at any time and in any form for any scholarly non-commercial purpose with the condition that all publications of the contribution include a full citation to the journal as published by the Medical Research Archives.
2. P.I. Branemark. Osseointegration and its experimental background. JPD 1983; 50: 399-410.
3. Adell R, Lekholm U, Rockler B, et al. A 15-year study of osseointegrated implants in the treatment of the edentulous jaw. Int J Oral Surg 1981; 10:387-416.
4. Fu JH, Hsu YT, Wang HL. Identifying occlusal overload and how to deal with it to avoid marginal bone loss around implants. Eur J Oral Implantology 2012; 5(Su
5. Buser D, Martin W, Belser UC. Optimizing esthetics for implant restorations in the anterior maxilla: Anatomic and surgical considerations. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2004; 19(Suppl.):43-61.
6. Bashutski JD, Wang HL. Common implant esthetic complications. Implant Dent 2007; 16:340-348:S91-S103
7. Grunder, Ueli & Gracis, Stefano & Capelli, Matteo. Influence of 3-D Bone-to-Implant Relationship on Esthetics. The International journal of periodontics & restorative dentistry 2005; 25:113-9.
8. Chappuis V, Rahman L, Buser R, Janner SFM, Belser UC, Buser D. Effectiveness of contour augmentation with guided bone regeneration: 10-year results. J Dent Res. 2018; 97(3):266–74.
9. Chappuis V, Araujo MG, Buser D. Clinical relevance of dimensional bone and soft tissue alterations post-extraction in esthetic sites. Periodontol 2000. 2017; 73(1):73–83.
10. Pal US, Chand P, Dhiman NK, Singh RK, Kumar V. Role of surgical stents in determining the position of implants. Natl J Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Jan; 1(1):20-3.
11. Talwar N, Singh BP, Chand P, Pal US. Use of diagnostic and surgical stent: a simplified approach for implant placement. J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2010 Dec; 10(4):234-9.
12. Patil PG. Problems of Guided Implant Surgery. Int J Prosthodont Restor Dent 2020; 10 (4):138–139
13. Orentlicher G, Horowitz A, Goldwaser B, et al. Ten myths of guided implant surgery. Compend Contin Educ Dent 2017; 38 (8):552–557
14. Tatakis DN, Chien HH, Parashis AO. Guided implant surgery risks and their prevention. Periodontol 2000, 2019;81(1): 194–208.
15. D’haese J, Ackhurst J, Wismeijer D, et al. Current state of the art of computer-guided implant surgery. Periodontol 2000 2017; 73 (1):121– 133
16. Sarkar A, Hoda MM, Malick R, Kumar A. Surgical Stent Guided Versus Conventional Method of Implant Placement. J Maxillofac Oral Surg. 2022 Jun 21(2):580-589.